Give postings to 259 selected as DTs 3 years ago: Krishnaiah


President of the National Backward Classes Welfare Association R. Krishnaiah has demanded that the State Government give postings to 259 deputy tahsildars selected after following the due process and also undergoing a year’s training.

In statement issued here on Monday, the former legislator said the State government had issued a notification to fill the deputy tahsildars posts as Group-II service in the Revenue Department four years ago. Later, written test and interviews were conducted and the list of selected candidates was announced. Even a year’s training was given to them but they were not being given postings for the last three years.

Had they been given postings three years back, they would even have been promoted as tahsildars. Some promotees from lower level posts also became tahsildars during the last three years but the candidates selected by the Public Service Commission as the Group-II service were denied postings so far.

Mr. Krishnaiah explained that many of the selected candidates had given up their jobs after being selected as deputy tahsildars but denial of postings under pressure from the revenue employees bodies had made them jobless practically putting their families to serious financial problems. Those selected under the same category of service, Group-II, as assistant commercial tax officers, excise inspectors, sub-registrars and cooperative assistant registrars and 14 other posts were given orders a year back.

Although the selection of 259 candidates for deputy tahsildars was made against clear vacancies they were being denied postings due to revenue employees’ pressure as postings them would make several lower level officials given temporary promotions as deputy tahsildars go back to senior assistants’ posts, Mr. Krishnaiah pointed out.

You have reached your limit for free articles this month.

To get full access, please subscribe.

Already have an account ? Sign in

Show Less Plan

Subscription Benefits Include

Today’s Paper

Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day’s newspaper in one easy-to-read list.

Faster pages

Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.

Unlimited Access

Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.

Dashboard

A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.

Personalised recommendations

A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.

Briefing

We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.

*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Sri Lanka Orders Criminal Probe Into 2011 World Cup Final Fixing Allegations | Cricket News

Mon Jun 29 , 2020
Share on Facebook Tweet it Share on Google Pin it Share it Email Sri Lanka has ordered a criminal probe into allegations the 2011 cricket World Cup final was “sold” to India, officials said Monday. “A criminal investigation has begun,” K.D.S. Ruwanchandra, the secretary to the sports ministry, told AFP. […]
Copyright All right reserved national-reporter.com Theme: Default Mag by ThemeInWP